It wasn’t long ago that once a year households would undertake a big spring clean: the annual tradition of cleaning your house from top to bottom. I
A YouGov poll showed that less than half (49%) of those surveyed said that they still undertake a once a year comprehensive clean of their homes. A sizeable 30% also confessed that they have never even attempted to do so.
A great example is creating a spray made from lemon juice and water as an alternative to air fresheners. The zesty natural spray will not only keep the home smelling fresh but lemons also have some great anti-bacterial qualities that make them perfect for cleaning.
“We use natural ingredients like lemons and traditional techniques where we can, as these are kind on our collections and the environment.”
These little tips can help you too, here is a list of 10 of the best hacks to make your cleaning troubles a lot easier:
1) Use chalk before you wash your clothes to clean greasy stains quickly.
2) Baking soda gets out coffee stains.
3) Use a hairdryer to remove water rings from wooden surfaces and refresh them with olive oil.
4) You can get scratches and scuffs out of your leather sofa using shoe polish.
5) Coca cola is perfect to clean oil stains off your garage floor.
6) Use a razor to remove paint from clothes.
7) Rubbing half a grapefruit over surfaces, sprinkling some salt and washing off with a sponge and hot water can help you to achieve a gleaming sink.
8) Sprinkle carpets and rugs with a small amount of bicarbonate of soda. After 15 minutes you can then simply sweep away the dirt and any fustiness will evaporate too!
9) Clean your blinds with a 50:50 vinegar and water mixture and an old sock.
10) Clean your grater by grating raw chunks of potato.